Talk Title: Friction Free Economies in a Smart Nation
Imagine an economy, without friction—a new world of digital marketplaces in which labour, information, and money move easily, cheaply, and almost instantly. In his 1999 book, The Road Ahead, Bill Gates defined “friction-free capitalism.” At the time it was a prediction. But by 2015 it became a reality. In this session, I will showcase disruptive Asian pioneers enabling a friction-free digital future for their markets. These pioneers are not only marching their ecosystems towards a friction-free future, but also a socially viable one.
We will explore :
- what they are doing to digitize and remove friction from their industry sectors.
- if a friction-freeeconomy results in an economy free of middlemen, what are the key benefits for consumers and what are the advantages to society.
- if technologies of the digital future can remove friction like time, accessibility and distance. How can we do that inclusively, so everyone gets the same access and on the same playing field?
- In a friction-free economy where business models are asset like, what do you view as the 3 key ingredients that are going to empower companies to not only survive but thrive?
- If a friction-free economy lowers barriers, “allowing every person and organization the same opportunities, what should we expect in the future?
As a serial in/entrepreneur, Leesa Soulodre has worked for 20+ years on the cutting edge of innovation, technology, and strategy consulting. She has led companies from seed to $14B USD into new markets and supported in the raising of over USD35M in Seed to Series C investments. She has had one IPO, a number of successful exits, and knows the hard knocks of lessons learned. She has 15+ years of Digital Director and Board Advisory experience in the not for profit, academic and private sectors. Leesa currently holds Board roles with the Victorian Government backed rural Accelerator, RunwayHQ, General Partner of R3iventures and is a Board Advisor and Partner to Raiven Capital. As a venture builder, she supports the growth of a portfolio of Seed to Series B tech start-ups internationally and is currently hands-on in-house as an Entrepreneur in Residence for the Australian Government’s Landing Pad in Singapore.
Leesa also serves as an Adjunct Faculty Member on the Singapore Management University and IE Business School MBA Programs and lectures on the Singapore Institute of Directors Program, SMU Executive Education and the Singapore Civil Service College Innovation Program. As an Expert, she is called upon each year by the European Commission Research Agency to assess projects for the Horizon 2020 SME ICT Disruptive Innovation Fund.
Leesa holds a Global Executive MBA from TRIUM ( NYU, HEC, & LSE) and a Masters in Management (Marketing) from USQ. She has studied Sports Marketing, Sustainability Strategies, Risk Management, and Technology Entrepreneurship at Wharton, Harvard, the Australian Graduate School of Management and Stanford University respectively. She is a Certified Reputation Manager of the Reputation Institute, a Member of the Global Association of Risk Professionals, the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and the Public Relations Consultants Association.
More about Speaker: digitaluniversity.pl/digital-news/leesa-soulodre
More about the topic: digitaluniversity.pl/digital-news/friction-free-economy